Ricky and I were out of Running for quite a while now. We already missed out running. I persuaded him to join on a running event to start over. Nowadays, its very challenging for us to be consistent in training but at least we’re trying to adjust every now and then through doing short run and some workouts. We decided to join New Balance RUN ON Race for a comeback this year. It happened on May 28, 2017 in U.P. Diliman Grounds.
Please see registration details below.
Individual – P500
Team of 4 – P1800
* Run On Manila 2017 is for ages 16 and up only.
* Challenge yourself and go 1KM further on race day to earn a reward!
Your race pack comes with:
– Your race slot
– Official race tee
– Race bib
– Loot bag
– Finisher medal (for the first 500 to finish the race!)
– Finisher token (for the first 100 to finish the optional + 1km)
– Access to the after-run party at the race village. Enjoy performances by local artists!
– Access to post-event food and drinks!
- Online Registration – http://register.nbrunon.ph/
Race Kit Pickup: (Starting May 18-26)
– New Balance Alabang Town Center
– New Balance Bonifacio High Street
– New Balance Glorietta
– New Balance Robinsons Place Manila
– New Balance Trinoma
– New Balance SM Aura Premier
– Planet Sports Shop: U.P. Town Center
The race started at 3pm in which I don’t think a good start for us. The heat of the sun was very painful on our skin and it put so much effort while running compared to running in the morning. It was really difficult to breathe as well.
Since, this race was a 5-kilometer run, it took me 41 minutes with so much walking to finish the race. I used to get this distance in 35 minutes with training. Participants had the privileges to take the additional 1km as a challenge of their speed. To those who took it got their finisher token provided that they were included in the first 100 finishers. The first 500 finishers would get finishers medal. I was not really confident if I could make it to be part of 500 finishers due to so much exhaustion and walking.
Fortunately, I made it. I got my finisher’s medal. Thank God. I’m overwhelmed on how I started and the outcome of it.
Congratulations to all finishers and its good to see some running friends that we met on the road.
With Mamie Pamie and Ricky